Tuesday, November 18, 2008

assembler?

I recently had an inventory of my jewelry (and was not surprised to realize that these are no crown jewels) and found out that there were a few items I never wore. To mitigate the situation I scouted the internet for some tahitian pearls, I figured I could string a few with different colors, something like a spectrum of green into an invisible omega that I have had for ages. Because I scrimped, I ended up winning two of the five pearls--so much for my spectrum.

A genius (or indulgent) idea came to me last night, I could play jewelry designer and make a lariat necklace off the pearls and a necklace given by a friend (Kristine, this is you). I'm trying to be modest here, but I think I did well! When I looked at the finished product, I could not stop smiling.

(I didn't assemble it with my bare hands, I needed special tools though, these comprised of a cuticle nipper, scissors and tweezers. It was also convenient that the pearl seller half-drilled the pearls for me.)

5 comments:

Melvin Chee said...

the pearl necklace looks beautiful. you have talent

Anonymous said...

haha trace baka sa susunod bags or shoes na ginagawa mo ha! if ever you start your own line, don't forget to give us a super special discount! hahaha gawan mo na kasi ako ng dress e!!

tracy gomez said...

Nabigla rin ako dito. Parang nilahat ko na, ganun ba kahirap ang buhay? :p

I'll catch you in chat, we'll talk about that other thing :)

Anonymous said...

What other thing? :)

tracy gomez said...

Melvin, thanks! I'm really excited to wear it :)

Camille, what other thing? There is no "other thing" ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...