Tuesday, November 11, 2008

sunny disposition from a dress

I woke up feeling pain in my abdomen, it is not because I did crunches, because I didn't. I think it is related to the monthly thing. I took one pain killer then a bath hoping that when I finish getting ready for work, the pain would have subsided. It didn't falter.

I called my boss then went back to bed. I tossed and turn for nearly an hour but my middle still hurt. I popped another pill. I waited. Nothing. No change.

At lunch time I was sure I needed to go to the doctor. When I got there, I found out that the clinic has discontinued their alliance with my insurance company so I had to call to inquire what could be done. I was lucky enough that there was a clinic at the same building tied up with my insurance company--and the doctor was quite good too.

After taking another pill (this time from the doctor) the pain was still just barely bearable plus I was feeling hungry too as I didn't have anything but water since I woke up. I headed to a deli at the basement of the building where I absolutely love the parma ham and arugula pizza. It was out of stock. I left the place and headed to the opposite shop where I remembered wanting to try the roast chicken. As I as in the booth I told the waiter that I wanted the roast chicken and a coke light. Minutes later the drink came and with it, a message from the manager that they have ran out of my order. I got meatball spaghetti instead. Nothing great, as ordinary as scrambled eggs but somehow it improved the my overall physical state, warm food does wonders to the body.

On my way back it started to rain and I was reminded that it is so cool that I get to stay home wrapped in comforter all day--even if the price I have to pay was pain in my tummy.

With all of today's hassle I surprised myself that I didn't curse or get pissed, I just took it at face value and moved on. Why such great mood? Maybe because I was wearing the yellow dress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so true :) An nice outfit always improves my disposition :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...