Monday, November 24, 2008

Yukata? Kaya yata.

My colleague was very kind to get me a Yukata from her recent visit to Japan. And I couldn't wait to make my own version. I however, was not able get enough cloth and as a result I made something inspired by the Yukata.
This is the right side of the fabric that I had. The outline is silver and it is more sparkly that it appears in the photo. I'm sure that the outline will wash off in time, but I can't wait that long. Obviously, I refused to use this side. This is a cotton fabric, by the way.
This is (obviously) the back side of the cloth. It is very casual and somewhat has a washed out look. It is perfect (for me).
I think I would like to wear it as it is with leggings or pants. It is very comfortable, you can do jumping jacks with ease wearing this top.
I could wear it with an obi too. I didn't make this obi, but I plan to make a few very soon.
Photos with my arms outstretched. I have no idea what situation will require me to pose like this so I could show off the sleeves. Maybe I should ask the regulars to play patintero this weekend.

2 comments:

rotsss said...

hindi naman kelangan ng reason to flap about like a headless chicken eh. sasabayan kita kung gusto mo...pero pag naka-sleeveless ako, you're on your own. =P

tracy gomez said...

This is me saying na sana wag ka mag-sleeveless this weekend :)

HAHAHAHAHA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...