Sunday, November 16, 2008

favorite fabric

This is my favorite fabric ever. I almost never buy printed clothes and it is very rare that I get printed cloth. This one however, excited me. I even took a snapshot and used it as my mobile's background and God knows I never personalize anything. For years, my ringtone has been the nokia theme and you can well image that the theme as it was when I got the unit (It is quite simple to be me). I think it has been established just how much I like this cloth.

I took extra time cutting the cloth and even utilized a french curve. I didn't use a pattern (I still haven't used a pattern until now!), instead I measured a top that I have and tweaked the measurements to go from a button down poloshirt style collar to a have round neckline with a side slit (think: cheongsam minus the collar) dress instead. I also got carried away and curved the hem similar to a dress that I have which I am very fond of.

After much sewing with tons of detailing, I was quite happy with the end result. It looked even better after our dear Neneng has ironed it. It looked crisp at the edges without looking too stiff.
I feel (and look) stupid raising my arms like that, but it is the only way the shape of the dress could be seen. As usual, I am pissed with my photography, the dress looks better in person.

I wore this on Saturday. Saturday was fun, we had hot dark chocolate at Max Brenner, saw a play, had kare-kare and lechon kawali and fabric shopped. I'd like to thank Miss October for watching Avenue Q (for the second time) with me. (Btw, I got a fever when I got home, but Saturday was well worth the binat!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whoooo! i like this print also! my fave colors, yellow and violet.. ang ganda nga! and the finish product is fab, bravo! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...