Sunday, November 2, 2008

mosaic or watermark?

I saw an interesting dress online and decided to make something like it, instead of the usual strap, I decided mine would be tied. I need to improve more on the gathering technique though.

The fabric is not easy to work with, the bottom part, that is. I'm not quite sure what kind it is but it is a similar to chiffon, a thicker and more slippery version. I don't particularly favor this fabric because it is not agreeable with the weather and never mind if the colors are not the ones I would usually go for (the strap fabric should make it more me) but the pattern was something I could not resists. I can't decide if it looks like mosaic or watermarks, either way, I really like it.
I'd like to thank Roch for getting me the multi-colored tailor's chalk and more pins. It was my first time to use the blue marker, and it looks very good. It even matched the khaki of the fabric. And I never run out of pins anymore!
I can't seem to capture the actual colors of the dress.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...