Tuesday, November 4, 2008

a very simple complicated dress

You can imagine how totally exhausting it is to take pictures of clothes that you sew. I accidentally pressed the button, it is like I am gesturing the loser L sign to myself. Great.
This looks simple enough but trust me, it is quite tricky, I suddenly have some respect to similar clothes (from this specific shop) which I bought. I ended up doing a lot of tweaking to make this dress wearable. I did take my time on the finishing as a dress (that seems) this simple should be well finished, otherwise it just looks like you wore a flour sack hoping it would pass off as a dress. I don't think I would sew a dress like this again. Oh, and one would notice that I picked a fabric more colorful and printed then those that I usually wear. I could almost hear a certain Ms. October say that you can actually break free from the norm. This is me, living dangerously (I feel like a Dalmatian).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha natawa ko dun sa dalmatian comment! well at least colorful pattern ka naman *wink*

Anonymous said...

was this Zara-inspired? :-P

tracy gomez said...

Aslee, I haven't worn the dress, parang sumasakit yung ulo ko sa pattern eh. Hahahaha.

Rhea, it has been a while since I've been to Zara! Lagi lang ako nasa fabric store :p I have a similar top and well, you know the rest of the story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...