Saturday, November 22, 2008

Poncho-ish

I love this fabric, it is so soft and it feels nice against the skin. It comes in a lot of colors too (I think Miss October, November and December are going somewhere again real soon), I am very much tempted to get a few more. I had to buy a different machine needle to sew this and working on it is not very easy. One fold and the machine chokes and ruins the fabric. I like how this one turned out and I must say that personally, I think it was worth the effort. The only sad note I have about this is that I ran out of fabric, I was intending to add some detail to it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi, can i make a request? is it possible for you to mention the fabric's name next time? maybe i could learn from it and be aware when buying clothes. it could also help when i come across d fabric and i could easily relate.. if it's not too much to ask though. :) ty!

tracy gomez said...

I'll try :) Usually I ask the person I buy fabric from.

Personally I like linen and cotton, very comfortable and cool. Linen nga lang is gusutin ang mabilis to fade, pero I think sulit talaga :)

Canvas is interesting rin, like the one I used for the yellow dress. Pero it is very rare for manufacturers to use this except for uniform of martial arts institutes yung mga pang karate, ganun. It is heavy duty.

By the way, this cloth is what I like to call t-shirt-ish (don't expect to see that cloth type in tags though). Hahahaha! It is a blend of cotton and spandex, there is some stretch to it :)

Unknown said...

ahh gusto ko rin ung t-shirt-ish hehe! prang pwede na syang wash and wear. gusto ko rin cotton, it feels cool on the skin. thanks for d info :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...