Thursday, November 27, 2008

watercolored

I rarely find printed fabric that I like, so imagine my surprise when I saw this. It is satin but the backside is matte. Perfect! Naturally, I used this side. The colors are very faint, like watercolor. The background of the fabric is cream colored--a bonus.
As the cloth was not exactly cheap, I got the minimum amount to make a dress. Later I got so worried that I won't have enough. Thanks to careful planning, I had enough to make a maxi dress. The picture shows the amount of scrap cloth I had after sewing. No joke, that is everything!
Initially, I thought I would keep it as the one in the left photo, I could just put on a belt when I feel like it. I have a few belts that would go well with the dress. But then, I thought that it looked unfinished. So I added a detail.
I think it looks so much better. I can't wait to wear this!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...