Saturday, November 1, 2008

waterproof-ish

I was so happy with the dress I made yesterday, and this isn't me justifying staying home on a Friday night to sew. I applied the facing technique on the armholes and neckline of the dress, I had been wanting to try it out for a very long time and finally, I've done it. I also made a pattern myself, as I have never bought (or used) a pattern before (and haven't seen one pattern that I would willingly buy) I measured the polo dress I was wearing yesterday for a collarless-and-sleeveless-and-buttonless counterpart. Of course I had to tweak the measurements and cutting a bit to get some of the "effects" that I wanted. The photos doesn't quite capture the dress, I was disappointed after looking at the pictures, the dress isn't photogenic. I used the seemingly waterproof cloth, similar to the ones commonly used for casual non-industrial cargo pants.
Although I didn't write in code, I think I am the only one who could understand these.
I think the neckline is my favorite part of the dress. And it is not because I spent a lot of time on it, but because it is not only comfortable, but also fits right into my clothing preference bank.
Whenever I see (or remember) that the front and back patterns are not at all symmetrical, I smile to myself. This is so cool!
This looks simple enough but it took me nearly four hours to make it, these includes measuring the other dress, noting the measurements, drawing into my sewing journal, drawing on the cloth, cutting the cloth, figuring out how to do the facing, sewing, cutting extra thread and containing my excitement.

I really wish I could take better pictures of the clothes that I make.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...