Wednesday, January 7, 2009

i know nothing

If someone hanging by a thread asks you if she should let go, what do you say?

I think I would say that I know nothing and that she would be the best judge. But I guess no one hanging by a thread would realize the truth in those simple words, instead one would insist of being spoon fed with the answer (but would do what she had in mind anyway).

Breaking up is hard because it entails you to leave part of yourself with the other person and fit what is left of the other person into your being. It is like Jaime Lannister feeling his phantom hand, and it is only through time that he realizes that he is still a knight even without that part that he believed to have defined him--the hand that holds the sword. It is tricky to imagine yourself complete when something isn't there anymore, but once you realize that you could in fact be more--that, that is the sweet in the sour.

What am I saying? I'm saying (and I'm not even rephrasing much) that I know nothing and you are always the best judge--even when you think you are a mess (and one more thing, don't put your life on hold waiting for closure or anything that resembles it. Closure is you deciding that it is time to move on).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...