Tuesday, January 27, 2009

he's just not that into you

So I finally read the book.

I came across a forum for this book and admittedly, the excerpts were interesting--some were downright hilarious. So I jumped at the chance of borrowing a copy when my friend told me that she has one.

I flipped through the foreword.

I would not comment on the message the book is putting out there. Although I'm sure that there would be women thanking the authors for pointing out the obvious (and changing their lives), if you read it with the intention of amusing yourself, it won't happen.

I would say that reading the forum trail was more enjoyable. While the text is good when taken as a page, when pasted together, it just becomes annoying--for me at least. Think movie trailers. Sometimes all the good parts had been shown in the trailer that when you watch the movie, you're like okay, I've seen all that already.

It is like the show Sex and the City (and the authors are actually associated with the show), I immensely enjoy watching it, but only one episode at a time. The minute I watched episodes back to back, I realize that the dialog was predictable--trite.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bitching about reading the book. Besides, it is a quick read, two hours tops. I guess this is me saying, I didn't mind reading it but I'm sure glad it was a borrowed book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

read the book too it was amusing, but so not worth the price i paid for it. i even had to wait 2 weeks for my copy so imagine the anticipation. good thing you didn't buy a copy.

tracy gomez said...

I guess if you collect books and have the space to store them, not bad na rin.

Maybe the movie is nice (sana short lang). I think they would show it valentine's day-ish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...