Monday, June 1, 2009

(something catastrophic) something blue

I finally wore a top I had been wanting to wear for a long time (it beats me why I haven't).

It is our first day in our new office location. It is Monday. It is the perfect day for the top.

Maybe not exactly perfect.

I decided however, to forget that although it is very thin and one-third lace, it is after all, long sleeved, high collared.

I got to the office at nine, there was no one there except one colleague. I told him I haven't had breakfast and I was going out to get some. He said he'd go with me.

Where to go?

Ahhh. This is a tough one.

We ended up walking quite a bit--under the sun.

Breakfast was uneventful, but good. I love clam chowder.

The walk from the office was bad enough. The walk back was disastrous.

By the time we got back to the office I was ready to faint. Joyce said I looked really hot. I don't think she meant it in a good way.

I sat down and hurriedly let loose a few buttons down the back of my top. Any more delay and I could have totally blacked out. I couldn't breathe. I also felt like vomiting. The next few minutes were spent reclined, fanning and occasionally sipping water.

I am now feeling a bit better, but still not 100%.

If only I didn't have a meeting this afternoon, I would have gone home.

So much for my much anticipated top debut where I passed up on smokes, coffee, lunch and even after office drinks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...