Wednesday, June 10, 2009

dragen jeans

I aged another pair.I wasn't really planning on another project, but someone stepped up and got me some sandpaper. As you can see, I managed to thin out some areas, I like how those places turn into a brighter blue. I'm so happy with how this project turned out.

Here is a mirror photo. Hence, the sudden shift of the flower and dragon from one thigh to the other.

I got carried away and accidentally made a hole that is in the wrong place, so I had to mitigate the situation by placing a flower over it. While it closed the gap, it doesn't change the fact that it still fell on the wrong place. I had to sew on a dragon to sort of balance things out. Of course it is not one of those screaming dragon prints. It is in fact very subtle and you won't realize what it is until you look very closely--as if it is a secret.

The dragon and flower came from the same fabric that I bought a few months back to make a kimono with. I ended up with a kimono with butterflies--and jeans with a dragon.

Sometimes things we don't plan for happen, and it isn't always a bad thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...