Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17, 2009

I was tempted to write a post birthday blog entry but decided it is already a bit far off from my 29th. So instead, I'm doing a how-have-I-been-lately blog entry.

On Friendship:
I would be the first to say that I choose my friends--not with categories that one might think, but by the kind of person they are, the type of commitment and amount of respect they put into friendships. I am happy that I am surrounded by people who are friends.

Like all relationships, the path of friendship is not paved entirely with good times and it is during troubled times that it is most challenging to stick. I have been blessed with friends who stuck with me.

I hope they feel the same way about me.

Thanks guys for the will to work things out with me :)

I have also made new friends. I didn't think I would make lasting relationships at this point but as it turns out, I did.

On Family:
I recently talked to the old man--after three years at least. For ten seconds. It is a start.

Some things came up and I was able to spent a bit more time with my cousins and their extended families. Good vibes.

On Past Relationships:
I remember writing this in the past, relationships don't end, however, relationships change. During the last nine months, I changed my mind about how a certain past relationship should be countless of times. I am not sure where I am currently.

I am happy though that things are working out for HIM.

On other Relationships:
There is always someone interesting, but it is not everyday you meet someone worth getting to know. And it is not the easiest thing to tell which is which--or who's who.

There are people who don't necessarily influence us but make us better (if you've met someone who has that effect on you, you would understand).We should surround ourselves with these people.

Commitment is not complicated.

Sometimes, even if you want to, you find that you have nothing to give.

Timing is not everything, but it does improve your chances.

Games could get boring.

(QUESTION: Is having no game, in itself, a game?)

I find that with certain company, I do not feel compelled to smoke, even when we are having drinks. Curious.

On Faith:
I think I let myself slide a bit. But the past few weeks had been beyond satisfactory.

I stopped attending mass to go through the motions and started attending mass to rediscover myself. I would not write too much about this as I am still a work in progress, but I am hopeful that I wouldn't lose my footing this time.

I also rediscovered comfort in prayer.

On Prayer:
(St. Theresa's Prayer)
May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.

On Work:
I'm starting on a new thing next week. I'm excited.

On Goals:
I'm not as stressed about it as I was last year. And I'm so much happier. I still continue to sow the seeds but no longer get worked up if no new leaf materializes the next day.

On Skin Care:
It has been two weeks. My battle scars are still not completely gone. I always thought that the expression the wounds that never heal is just that, an expression. Now I'm not so sure.

On Excesses:
I have too many clothes. I need to again, revisit my closet and take out what I could.

I have also been drinking more than I should. I know because I am back to my tip top drinking condition.

I will not even write anything about my weight.

On Hobbies:
I had been playing Martha Stewart with some of my old jeans. I don't think I have any other pair I am willing to distress. I however have so much sandpaper left!

I haven't been sewing lately. I did however, put a waistband on a dress to make it look more of a dress and less of a glorified duster. I plan to do an entry on that piece. Alteration details will be in that post.

I want a stud gun. I'm still trying to convince myself that it is worth buying.

On Books:
I haven't read anything in a while. Does Why do men fall asleep after sex? count? Yeah. I didn't think so.

I would recommend this book for the times you don't want to think. It is a book of trivia about random things. A lot about your body. Useless information. Good stuff. Hahahaha.

Seriously though, this saddens me. I better start reading again.

9 comments:

Camille said...

I don't think it's necessarily not having game...but pretending they don't :)

tracy gomez said...

Are you saying that "no game" is a myth? :-p

Unknown said...

on clothes.. i can always try ur creations that ur willing to let go :D

on work.. glad that ur moving to something ur excited about.

on faith and prayer.. i'm praying for u as well. :)

on friendship.. i do hope i'm one of those few people u count as friends haha! anyway, if i am, i'm honored to be one of them. *naks*

*grabe namiss ko nga ang blog mo haha! dami kong nasabi!*

tracy gomez said...

Aslee :)

On clothes: Seryoso? Sige, I'll take a look then sms you :) But you have to promise to send me photos.

On work: Monday! Let's see what happens then.

On Faith/Prayer: Thank you :)

On Friendship: Of course! (O, let us not go into senti mode :-p )

Camille said...

I don't think "no game" is a myth...I just think there are people that pretend they have "no game" but it's all just a front.

It's pretty easy to tell the guys that really have "no game" :)

tracy gomez said...

Hmmmmmmm. Yeah.

There are two kinds I think. Those who have and those who don't have game.

Those who have game have an option to turn the game on/off. So at special circumstances they let themselves have "no game".

Unknown said...

oo ba! tulad nung pics mo, no head and feet haha! :D

rhea said...

camille! Bato bato sa langit... Har har...

Tracy, did u have me in mind as one of the people who was willing to work it out with you? :-) naalala ko na namam... Thesis days and that sunday newspaper hahaha

tracy gomez said...

Of course :)

Were you expecting a "you know who you guys are" line? Hahaha. Corny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...