Saturday, December 6, 2008

throw me on the floor

It has been eleven months since I started sewing and one could well imagine (actually a random person won't) the amount of extra tela I have just lying in the corner of my room. I don't want to throw everything as I keep thinking I might need it for something at some point.

I had been toying with the idea of making a patchwork quilt cover. My mom made something like that a long time ago--two actually, one for her and the other for my sister.

When I got home around midnight last night, full of chicken wings and beer, I decided to sort my lot and start cutting rectangular shapes. I pinned some together too.

I sewed everything this morning and here is the finished product. It is a throw by the way--not a full blanket. I attached cotton (almost t-shirt tela) fabric on the backside, as this part touches the skin. The lines aren't great but I hope this throw would see a lot of long nights (and afternoons) thrown over someone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...