Tuesday, December 16, 2008

basic pantsuit

I had been seeing pantsuits around since last year and I had often been curious about them. Lately there are some sold in stores here but I find that most have drop crotches--plus they don't come cheap. I don't want to be spending money on something that I still need to alter. So, I decided to make one for myself.

I must admit that I had my doubts, I was not sure it would go well with my body type which is not yatots. I'm happy with how it turned out though, I think I would even wear this a lot as I move around during weekends.Here is a photo of the pantsuit without a belt or any other accessory. This is probably the bare-est it could be. It is very casual. I look like I am dressed to do housework. Or back up Billy Joel in the Uptown Girl music video.

This is very comfortable, it is made with black linen. I don't mind wearing this as it is around the house but it would need something if I am taking it out.I could wear a belt, tie, obi or what have you in two places (three actually), one around the hips so that the top looks blouse-y or around the waist so that it looks more sleek (another option is around the ribs, high waisted). I have not decided which one I like more, but most definitely I am going to put something around a specific part when I wear this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA why did you crop your feet out of the picture on the right? looked like you were floating :-P

tracy gomez said...

Hahahaha, I didn't realize that.

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...