Monday, December 22, 2008

say it

I was having an exchange of thoughts with a friend yesterday. It was about the age old question about admitting to a friend that you want to be more than friends. I think this one won't go away for generations to come.

The thing is, everyone is wonderful in a special way and when you are very, very close it is seemingly impossible not to see the light. And that starts trouble--or great love.

I find that playing devil's advocate is best for situations like these.

F: I just know he doesn't feel the same way.
T: (sings "you have no right...") Dude, you can't say that, you don't know. You are not him.

F: He is dense. He is clueless.
T: You know what? Maybe he knows, he just didn't think it was possible for you to feel that way about him.

F: I should tell him. I want to be free.
T: Are you sure? What if he doesn't reply or changes the topic? (sings "you have no right...") You know, you can't hate him for doing that right?

F: You think I should tell him?
T: What if he feels the same way?

F: I will tell him now.
T: Maybe you want to wait a few days? Don't act in haste.

Now that I think about it, there is really no point in this entry. Actually, hmmm. Maybe one. I think I confused her more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been in the same situation and all I can say that it really isn't easy to tell a "friend" what you feel.

I say let the friend know what he/she really feels. He/she will eventually loose the "friend" anyway whether he/she tells him/her or not.

tracy gomez said...

I haven't quite made up my mind about such situations. I guess personally, there is no straightforward yes or no. I would need "more information".

I haven't been in this place but I can't imagine it to be easy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...