Wednesday, October 1, 2008

editing

I spent the afternoon with the regulars. As usual it was filled with chatter, jokes and jabs. The size of my pants was not missed, it was hinted on by the boy then later expounded on by the bald guy. No surprise there.

It was an afternoon like all afternoons we spent hanging out. Except it wasn't.

When pressing the rubber top of the well-like structure that is the Smoke Ring Maker, the other saturday girl pointed out (and she was, let me tell you, stating the obvious that seemed not too obvious as we all continually pressed on) that there were no smoke rings coming out.

There was smoke, yes.

But no rings.

The boy suddenly says "HE can do that". Or something like "HE does that all the time".

I think this was the first time HE has been mentioned since, well, THAT DAY.


We all look at him.

Later on, while waiting for a cab, I remembered something that HE said a while back. Something funny and related to the topic of conversation. I didn't say anything. Everyone would end up looking at me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...