Tuesday, October 28, 2008

birth of venus

I was reading the today's Today when I chanced on an article about hype artwork. The text below is a direct quote from the article on The Birth of Venus by Botticelli:

"Our idea of Venus is a naked Angeline Jolie busting our of a cake at our (hypothetical) stag party. It is not, as Sandro Botticelli imaged, some pear-shaped, pasty skinned, slouching blonde lady with a dazed look and a crink in her neck who surfs to shore on a giant clam"

Geez! I immediately looked at the author and was very disappointed as I knew him from high school. What I really want to say to the poor fellow is "PLEASE STOP WRITING ABOUT ART SO YOU COULD AVOID BEING CALLED AN IDIOT. TO KILL TIME, BUY A DIRTY MAGAZINE INSTEAD AS I AM SURE YOU WOULD ENJOY IT IMMENSELY.".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...