Friday, October 24, 2008

my blueberry nights

I just saw the movie but I am not going to write about it. I would write however, about that day near Christmas last year, that day that I got some bad news.

I felt my heart jump when it was spelled out for me and there was that feeling again, like there is something caught in your throat and you can't swallow and can't not swallow at the same time. I acted cool and tried my very best to sound cheerful, after all, we were talking about the holidays.

Later, I decided to go out and see a movie. It is weird how I go and watch movies by myself at times when I have something bothering me. That was the intention, watch a movie by myself.

I checked online and found that the cinema was showing My Blueberry Nights and Across the Universe. I t took a while for me to decided what to watch. Eventually, I got a ticket for the latter.

When I got to the cinema, I saw a friend who likes to watch movies by herself too (don't ask me, I don't know if she does it when she wants to think too), she said she just saw a movie and wanted to see another one.

I really didn't mind having her company as she is one of my favorite persons whom I rarely get to hang out with. Needless to say, we ended up watching together and having early dinner.

By the time I got home, I was still deeply saddened however, the shock of the news had worn off. It helped to that I saw a good friend, although I never mentioned anything about the news that I had, her presence had somehow given me comfort (it could be the spicy chicken in the cinema though).

I remember that day as if it happened yesterday, and I can't quite figure out why. Even now, I can still somewhat feel how I did that day.

I did keep a mental note to see My Blueberry Nights.

And then, today happened.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...