Sunday, June 22, 2008

turning cinderella

Yesterday, as I took out a pair of flat white sandals to wear with a dress when for no reason at all, I suddenly thought of how hassling it would be if one of the skinny straps break. I knew I was being over imaginative, so I slipped them on and headed out. As expected, the straps didn't break.

Today after getting dressed for church I saw the same pair of sandals that I wore the night before as I haven't put it back in its box. I looked at my outfit and thought to myself that the sandals matched it (I contemplated some too, because there were more that a few pairs of footwear that went well with what I was wearing). I slipped the sandals on. I was about to head out when I again thought of the straps breaking. This is so weird because I was just telling Cindy the night before that I love the shop where I got the sandals from because it is nearly impossible to wear their shoes out, the only reason you'd throw them out is that, well, they are old. I eventually headed out wearing the white sandals.

I walked to the bus stop.

Sandals are fine.

I get into the bus.

No sign of breaking strap.

I get off the bus.

Sandals intact.

I cross the street.

Straps remain sturdy.

I get on the other side of the street.

Sandals perform as expected.

I walk towards the church.

I trip.

Strap breaks.

Sandals ruined.

I continue on to church limping to keep myself from leaving one sandal behind.

One word: Intuition.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't dare guess what article of clothing will fail you next. If I were you I would start carrying spares or dress in layers.

Btw -your photography is getting better.

tracy gomez said...

Thanks! We were on our way to Cindy's place and couldn't pass a photo op ;)

Maybe I should just bring a ski mask, that way, people wouldn't recognize me. Any thoughts?

Anonymous said...

I don't think the 'Jason look' will work for you. You could get a blonde wig and wear a big pair of shades. The 'Marilyn Monroe look' will work better with clothes falling off.

tracy gomez said...

big shades - check
red lipstick - check
white dress - check

I guess there is only one thing missing then ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...