Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm not interested

I am so used to saying "I am not interested" whenever I receive a call from anywhere offering products. Even before the agent has a chance to complete her first sentence, I would say "I'm not interested, thank you".

This morning I received another one of those calls, or so I thought.

Agent: Hi Patricia Gomez
Tracy: Hello
Agent: I am from XXXXXXXX Bank
Tracy: Thanks for calling but I'm not interested
Agent: Actually, I called to inform you that we are waiving the annual fee of your credit card
Tracy: Ohhhh, okay, great
Agent: Can I confirm your home address, so I could sent a letter of confirmation
Tracy: Sure

I guess the lesson learnt here is that, you really don't know that you are not interested until you know what is being offered.

I mean, this time, I was actually genuinely, without a doubt, interested.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...