Saturday, August 4, 2012

prune walnut

As I was checking my baking supplies at home, I realised that I still had a lot of buttermilk from a previous baking project that is expiring soon.  So I started to look for recipes that called for buttermilk.

There was Southern Chicken and Pancakes.  Those were the popular ones, then I saw Prune Cake.
not everyone's favorite "raw material"
I was suddenly reminded of my good friend from college, Camille who would always rave about a Prune Walnut Cake from a local bakery near our university.

Walnuts are starting to grow on me...
I decided to change the recipe a bit and make my version with walnuts.  I chopped the walnuts but made sure it remained chunky.  I also didn't want uniform pieces, thought that would make the cake more interesting.
suddenly thought of making yema
 I wanted to use up the buttercream icing I have sitting in the ref, so I decided to split the batter into two.  Poured some into a pan and what was left into cupcake paper lined muffin cups.
the cake
I cooked a glaze with some butter, buttermilk, vanilla and liquor--quite similar to the apple cake.  That went to the cake.  Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the cake with the glaze :(

got tea?
For the cupcake, I skipped the glaze and instead topped it with my icing.  Maybe I am just not trying hard enough, but my cupcakes always looks ummmm, homemade. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...