Monday, August 20, 2012

banana muffin / cupcake

Looking through my baking supplies, I found the self raising flour that didn't rise.  I thought, I should make muffins again, but this time I'd correct my past mistake and put in the baking powder and/or soda the recipe required--treating the annoying flour as if it was ordinary flour.
ba na na

I love bananas.

I however HATE banana flavour--for me it tastes like medicine.  Not that it is relevant to today's post.

Naturally, it was the first thing that came to mind when I thought muffins.

therapy
My self raising flour frustration came in handy as I mashed three bananas into a bowl.  Breathe.  Let go.

on one hand...
I decided to split the batter into two.  Six, I put in a mix of white and dark chocolate chips, the other half I made plain so I can top with icing--so I can use up the icing I had on hand.

done!

hello
plain
sunny side up
 You'd notice some crystals.   I added three kinds of sugar--white, brown and raw sugar.

I had been thinking where I could use the raw sugar that I got--especially as I hardly drink coffee. I thought it would bring some texture into baked goods.

Maybe I'll make coffee cake :)

what is important is what's inside

They still look homemade, but I'd say an improvement from last time :)

 
sea sponge look-a-like

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...