Monday, August 27, 2012

corn dog

What is essential is invisible to the eye.  

I read that from The Little Prince.  I am sure he was not talking about corn dogs, but I believe the same is true for corn dogs.  No matter how great the batter, the meat is really the meat.  

I bought spicy Italian sausages.  They were looking a bit square--literally after I got them out of the chiller, but after they had warmed up, it was apparent that they were quite well rounded.  Not unlike some people. 

who are you calling chicken?

I was a bit nervous about the sticks.  While I didn't want the puny ones that may break or seem like it would break.  The ones I got were quite dangerous.  I mean, I seriously was reminded of stakes hammered into vampire hearts in some old movies.

not a toy


The length and width was perfect for the stubbly sausages that I got.

ready for wardrobe


The dough?  Oh the dough.  I hope it would turn out well worth the drama.

golden ribbon


I enjoy working with dough--but this was extra extra fun!

I wrapped the strip all around the sausage, tucking and stretching and pinching where I need to.  

"what are you all looking at?"

After I had wrapped all six, I had some extra dough, so I decided to put a little extra on the corn dogs too!

It was the perfect time to use my brand new cookie cutters!

pimped

Now, I anticipated that the details would make the corn dogs cuter, but I didn't expect them to look as cute as they did coming out of the oven.

Really.

REALLY.


BEAR with me

The contrast of the animals made me gasp.  Maybe I even clapped a little ;)

bunny Wabbit

 
the gang

How did it look inside?

Well...

Tada!!!!

not bad at all

Of all the things I've baked, I think this one is really the one I was most happy about the end result.

where's the party?

3 comments:

Rhea said...

i want to try this! how do you make the dough?

tracy gomez said...

I'll email it to you :)

Unknown said...

please email me also.. i love corn dogs! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...