Monday, August 20, 2012

parsley calzone

I had been thinking of calzone all week. 

In the end, I decided to put a handful of parsley into the dough.

I love how it smelt.  It didn't hurt that it looked pretty appetising too.

makes me think of summer
What was inside?
"sides"
I wanted to make this calzone more well rounded than last time.  For the side, I had shitake mushrooms, tomato and spinach cooked in olive oil with some salt and pepper.

For the main, each calzone had a piece of rosemary chicken breast.
star of the show
I cut the chicken into smaller, more manageable pieces.
party
"my lips are sealed"
Off to the oven.  
Adam and Eve -- my first two
As I had learnt my lesson last time on sealing--and the amount of fillings, there were so leaks on any of the four that I made.
my favorite part
I especially love the edges--they are very crunchy and remind me of garlic sticks :)


i'm on the edge
I restrain myself from finishing the edges right away as it would make eating the calzone impossible without a mess--so I save it for later instead.

I ate half of out giant thing for breakfast--making sure there was a good two hours before my yoga class.
utensils optional
The other half I ate after yoga class.  Between sun salutations, I couldn't stop thinking of my other half  patiently waiting for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...