Sunday, August 26, 2012

corn muffin

So I am posting the corn muffin photos first, only because there are less of them than that of the corn dogs.

everything yellow--so far.

I love that the first few ingredients thrown together were all yellow-ish.  It made my Sunday morning, if plausible--even brighter :)

I got the recipe online that promised to yield what is being sold at a chicken place--one I would frequent only for the corn muffins.  The chicken was pretty good, but it was never really the attraction for me.  I remember buying half a dozen to go last year, only to have eaten two even before I got home.

This was the real reason I bought the corn meal.

---

Mixing everything was easy enough, but the batter was so sticky that I had trouble keeping the side of the cups clean.  

I mitigated the situation by wiping the rims but I could only do so much--as a result my muffins were orbited by burnt brown batter.

muffin olympics
The verdict?

It did come out similar to the ones sold at the chicken place, only these had a richer texture--moist.  It still had the grainy feel without being dry.  It also was more buttery.

I loved how these turned out! :)

I'd be mindful next time though when I bake because I anticipate that these would benefit with a little more salt on days that I need something savoury.

same time next week? :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...