Wednesday, January 11, 2012

every woman in the world (to me)

A sea of MAYBEs.I was talking to the person I'm with about the proverbial "one".

Not sure if I had written in the past that for me, "the one" is an expression only. A term to identify the best fit amongst the long list of candidates qualified to be with you. There isn't just one person you can be happy with. Most. That is the key word.

Anyways, that is another topic.

---

What I was talking with the person I'm with was, what does "the one" mean to other people?

For me, the one is the person you love (or want) the most. Like the movies. Like references to "the one that got away".

Not whom you choose. It has nothing to do with choices. The heart wants what the heart wants.

I was somewhat surprised to realise that some people define it differently.

To them, "the one" is the person who chooses ( loves / want ) them the most.

---

In a perfect world obviously, there is no point writing this entry because the one you choose is the person you love/want the most. And you, for him. Or her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, there are two "ONEs" (if that makes any sense):

a.) The one, as you say, you love (or want) the most; and then there is

b.) The one, for you. Right for you.

Albeit the possibility of having both ones embodied in one ultimate ONE, I guess almost always you can only have one (of course, majority I suppose, neither gets any one). And yes, I tried to squeeze all the ones in that sentence.

With the premise that 90% of all percentage studies are made up spontaneously, let me say that it is 88% more likely to have (b) be eventually followed by (a); rather than the other way around.

With reference to the entry "heartache & lace" published last 13 December, it was a good illustration of how an (a) can not be a (b). It simply does not fit. While the entry "savior" last 19 December shows how a (b) (though it was not explicitly implied) may possibly one day be an (a).

Am not sure if anyone chooses or tags someone as the one simply because that person chooses ( loves / want ) them the most, otherwise-- rock stars, showbiz people and popular personalities have their work cut out for them.

I honestly think 95% decides primarily on what works.

- Mr. Yoso

tracy gomez said...

I think that there are some really lucky people who find (a), (b) and (c*) is just one person :)

*the one who loves / wants you the most

Obviously these are theoretical "mosts" because really, feelings can't be measured, and the reality (for me) is that feelings are worthless if not acted upon or acted out.

I'm a realist. Not a cynic even if my best friend thinks I am, or a romantic, which is what by best friend is.

You can be very lucky. That is real for me :)

Unknown said...

a discussion which made me ponder... a friend once asked (over a glass of lychee martini), whether a person should be tied up or shall i say, be with that one same person his entire life. surely, this life is made for people to explore, to learn and experience different emotions, happiness, sadness with some other people... but maybe when you find you're all-in-one one, maybe the idea of living without that one won't be as much if it wasn't with that same one.

tracy gomez said...

That is another topic.

But to play along, I think that being with someone is a decision. It is a constant decision to choose to stay with someone.

Everyday, one decides to stay (or not) with the person they are with. The one or not, regardless. To be in a relationship is a choice :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...