Tuesday, January 24, 2012

heart of cloth

I know I owe a few people the 2011 favorite things entry but somehow I can't find the time to compile and post. Maybe I'd do a series with each entry featuring one favorite thing. How convenient for me :)

With that in mind, let's get into the things then.

I love the fabric stash that my Mom brought with her when she came to visit. This (photographed) is not the entire lot, actually. This perhaps is a third of the haul.

I think this is number one for several reasons.

First, it reminds me of how thoughtful my Mom is, going through lengths to visit the fabric store regularly checking and re-checking if they have jersey fabrics in various widths and colours.

It also gives me an opportunity to sew more. You won't believe how truly excited I was with the potential of each fabric! I made three skirts from the stash so far. I am looking forward to sew everything by the end of 2012. I truly hope I can come up with clothes that I would wear for a long time with such lovely raw materials.

----

So at number one, fabrics from my Mom :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...