Friday, January 20, 2012

diminished

I recently bought my niece a Barbie. I know she liked it. But when I saw how many Barbies she had (not to mention Barbie accessories, clothes and cars--wait, she has a pool and yacht too!), I knew she didn't really love love it.

I'm sure she was happy to get a Barbie, but really, it was just another Barbie.

It isn't her fault that she has more Barbies and Barbie stuff than required by a village day care.

However, I know that I was never going to give her toys from now on. Ever.

---

I posted a photo featuring the shoes from one of the containers specifically for Barbie shoes that she had.

My bestfriend was quick to comment "Lots of shoes. Just like Ninang".

Ninang being me. Ninang means godmother in Tagalog.

---

On one occasion, I was having lunch with my bestfriend and I told her that I felt lonely that a new dress really doesn't do much for me anymore.

I remember a time in my life when having a new something felt really special. And I miss that.

There is still some spark, but what is that opposed to a flame--which was what it used to feel comparatively?

---

I am no way saying that the fire in one's life comes from acquisitions--because it is never true. At least for me.

I am saying instead that perhaps the constant experience had numbed me.

The returns had diminished.

---

With this, I am making a pledge.

I pledge not to buy clothes from today till the end of June.

Don't laugh. I'm serious.

---

Not Acceptable
1. Jeans - I have too many and I hardly wear jeans!
2. General clothing for work and the weekend.
3. Jacket - as in non winter jackets. Light jackets. I never wear them.

Acceptable
1. Clothes that I'd make
2. Clothes that I will have made that I had already placed a job order or have cloth for
3. Replacements - as in if any underwear gets worn out
4. Specialty Items - An example is if I take up serious swimming again as obviously my bikinis and fashionable swimwear will not hold
5. Shortage - If I am taking a long trip to somewhere cold and I don't have enough thermals
6. Inner Wear - as in chemise, slip, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...