Wednesday, January 11, 2012

targaryen?

From the first time I read George RR Martin, I've been fascinated by dragons. Once, even a dragon from a place much associated will the Iliad.

---

I'm not sure if the Targaryen's sigil is to blame, but for roughly a decade now, I have had this thing for things--okay, jewelry than come in a 'form' or group of three.

Maybe I am forcing the connection. But as I am re-reading the books now, it makes perfect sense to blame the book for a recent um, undertaking.

---

Now that I think about it, my thing for threes sort of started way back elementary days.

Confirmed. Forced connection.

When my sister wanted white gold charm bracelets, I wanted tri-colored ones.

When my sister wanted diamond hoop earrings, I wanted the tri-band hoops with matching intertwined ring.

---

When the seven-days bangle became popular, I didn't really care for it.

I thought my best friend's three bangles were way cooler :)

---

Fast forward to my late teens.

My sister wanted 10mm studs in white gold.

I wanted it in white, rose and yellow.

This actually makes me greedy (or a hoarder), rather than establish the three thing.

But I am writing about wanting and not actually having.

---

The past couple of years, I find myself ogling at three strand necklaces.

---

The interesting thing about three strand necklaces is that while these look great, like dragons, it entails hard work, patience and determination to keep and take care of them.

I have two three strand necklaces--both had given me much headache to have made and maintain. Not to mention that these are stubborn and would not stay put when worn around your neck. Not unlike dragons.

I would often complain to my mom and she would say, "why don't you sell them?", then I'd say "but they are mine". Again, reminiscent of Daenerys' stint with Drogon.

---

Sometimes we give too much so we could have something we are slightly nuts about.

Just this morning, I told my Mom, "I seriously spent more than what this (one of the necklaces) is worth with all the hassle I had to go through". Then I quickly added, "I'm keeping".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...