Saturday, January 28, 2012

was it good?

My best friend asks me after I posted the same photo on her wall. So, was it? I ask myself.

I think the better question would be what was I expecting?

I think I am making this more complicated that it actually is, and I think too that I should start at the beginning.

---

There are two previous occasions where we had come across this cupcake.

The first time, we just finished a VERY hearty meal and there was no way we could take another bite. But looking at them made my mouth water, and I had convinced myself that I was hungry. Luckily, someone wonderful pointed out that it wouldn't be a good idea to get a cupcake. In fact, it was a horrible idea.

The second time was slightly more complicated. We had a lighter meal compared to the first incident--that was no means light, just so I am absolutely clear. We later had drinks--yes, drinks in the cafe and at some point found that there was actually room for a cupcake. But just when we were about to order, a dozen chicken wings from another establishment miraculously found its way to our table.

Sorry girls.

Then, tonight.

---

I am quite sorry that my best friend was not with me. But let me tell you about the cupcake. And my thoughts.

---

I always thought that the cupcake appealed to me, but I also always knew that it wouldn't be great.

Not only not great, in fact, I knew it was going to be so so.

Why?

1. High expectations - I've imagined what it should taste like.
2. Anticipation - Two. Failed. Attempts.
3. Experience - I've had one cupcake from this place before and it was quite dry.

So there I was, knowing what I knew, feeling that feeling in my gut yet I just went with it.

And after everything. I think to myself, I knew what was gonna happen, I knew it was not worth all the drama. For a fact. What did I expect?

Nothing that didn't happen.

---

I can't help but feel that it was all wasted time.

But, oh well.

There really wasn't anything else to do but move on--to what I know would truly make me happy :)

---

Past tense?

2 comments:

rhea said...

should i be reading more into this? cupcake lang ba talaga to? hehe

tracy gomez said...

Photo = real cupcake
Entry = no comment ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...