Sunday, October 3, 2010

one that (swim)suits me

In line with a beach trip that had just been booked, I started to go through my beachwear stash. As I love going to the beach, I have a trolley filled with various beach outfits. As I went through them though, I realised that a good majority of them no longer represented the current me.

My heart broke a little, not because I choose to dress my age, but because there remain to be some pieces that I absolutely love. Still. Always.

I'm not throwing away everything. Instead, I had put aside some pieces that just won't make it, so I could give them away. Everything else would stay with me. I could definitely find different ways to put things together so they'd be wearable today.

--------------------------------------------------

There was one glaring realisation though...
I needed a new "main" swimsuit.

I spent a significant part of the afternoon going around the mall (and complaining that my body ached from the yoga class I attended this morning) looking at swimwear and just when I was ready to give up, I found the next one!

It might not seem like a big deal, but trust me on this one. Holy grail.

It wasn't exactly like the one I pictured in my head (I'm particular that way), but it fit like a dream and is very consistent with what I was looking for.

The price tag pinched a little though :( I didn't realise that grown up swimwear went in a different price range from the already seemingly overpriced popular surfer brands that I usually get.

I am quite happy with the purchase :) I think this would last me a very long time and would stand witness to countless wonderful holidays.

--------------------------------------------------

I think my woman-instead-of-girl swimwear choice had somewhat surprised the young sales person attending to me. When I was paying she asked my how old I was and after I told her, she said Oh, I see... you look young for your age.

Amen.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I want to see what you bought! :)

tracy gomez said...

The likelihood of me posting a photo wearing it is very slim....

I'll send you a flattering one onsite--with a view ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...