Sunday, October 17, 2010

canonigo

When I was a kid, we used to go to this restaurant called Ciudad Fernandina and every time we go there I would have fried ice cream for dessert.

Except on one occasion wherein they did not have fried ice cream, so I was forced to get a canonigo.

Until now, I can still remember how much I loved it. I never took it again because even as a kid I had been a creature of habit. Maybe.

Once upon a time, I tasted a bit at L'Opera, but it wasn't quite the same.

A couple of days ago, while having coffee with a good friend, I noticed that the cafe offered canonigo (you won't believe how so very few places offer it!) and so I thought it was time to give it another shot. It didn't even come close.

Canonigo at Ciudad--the one that got away.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...