Monday, August 2, 2010

the verdict

The doctor told me that it was in fact, my lymph node that was swollen and painful. She said that the cause in an infection, specifically in the head area such as ears, nose, scalp--what have you.

As I didn't have any rash, cut, colds or any other potential cause/symptom of the infection, there was no other way but wait it out. She gave me antibiotics and if upon finishing the prescription my lymph node stays center of attention, I would need to get an x-ray.

I no longer have a fever, but my head is throbbing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I managed to get a pearl shake after the doctor's appointment.

It reminded me of going home with my nanny when I was a kid, carrying a bottle of honey after visiting my pediatrician for routine check up. I would ask him each time if he could please prescribe honey for me to take a tablespoon every night. And he always did :)

Maybe that is the root of my sweet tooth. He must not like my dentist ;)

5 comments:

Nubian said...

Hope you feel better soon! Eat lots of yogurt while you are on antibiotics.

tracy gomez said...

I didn't know that yogurt plays a role... does it?

Well, whether or not, is it such a coincidence because I particularly asked for some yogurt when asked what I needed (or wanted) from the store.

Thanks. I hope seven days of antibiotics would cut it.

Rhea said...

get well soon!!! :-)

Nubian said...

Checking in to see how you are doing? Hopefully the swelling in the lymph node is going down. (oh and yogurt helps us when we are on antibiotics, prevents the side effects.)

tracy gomez said...

Thank you for asking. Getting better, although I woke up with a sore throat, my lymph node had gotten slightly smaller and it had been less painful all day.

Tomorrow, is another day for it to shrink :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...