Saturday, August 28, 2010

di biro

I've taken care of plants before. Twice. Each consisted of a variety of cactus species in a relatively big petri dish-ish pot. As there was clearly variety, maybe I could say few instead just counting to two.

Regardless of my (home) cactus experience. I had never taken care of a plant in the office until recently.

We had an activity to plant a money tree. Yes, it is not a tree, nor does it have potential to be a tree. It is a vine.

I kept it on my desk because I felt bad for the person who came up with the activity--especially since I heard what people were saying about her programme.

I'm glad I did.

I noticed that every week almost, a leaf from either of the vines would dry up and simultaneously a new sprout would sprout.

I actually feel excited watching it change.

Of course I have to keep myself from pulling out the drying one. I need to accept that nature works in nature's time. You can't rush into what you know to be the end. You can predict beginnings, but you can never quite tell when that sprout would sprout.

How would things be on Monday?

1 comment:

Nubian said...

"You can't rush into what you know to be in the end" ~ another one of your wise sayings I will be putting on my board. ~ Hope the moving when great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...