Wednesday, August 4, 2010

hobbies

I was talking to a friend about hobbies and how, when you think about it specialty stores survive.

It is because hobbyists are a little nuts.

For instance, because I love to sew, I have five different colored tailor's chalks. Who needs five? I don't. But I got them all. I would have gotten more if there were more colors available.

People who love to do something would give in to little things that potentially could improve their craft.

I love how at times I get a little crazy about sewing that I can't think of anything but what I am going to sew. But at the same note, I am quite thankful that I had not gone mad and gotten an industrial button hole maker, serger, embroidering and sewing monster.

Of course it is not without saying that any day now, I will reward myself with an adjustable mannequin. Why not? :)

3 comments:

Nubian said...

In hospitality we know that the hobbyists have the largest conventions and spend lots of money! I envy your sewing talent, I can't even sew a straight line maybe it is because I am constantly cussing at the machine that it chooses to not co-operate. ;~)

tracy gomez said...

I was literally crying the day I got my sewing machine because I could sew a stitch as the cloth ALWAYS got jammed.

I later figured out the role of thread tension--and well, threading the machine correctly.

I'm sure you'd be great if you really wanted to sew.

Nubian said...

My older sister has that talent. She makes wedding dresses with the incredible bead work. I don't have the patience. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...