Thursday, September 24, 2009

in SINGness and heatlh

This is my third day skipping work this week. This stint is the longest I have had in a long time. Let us not forget of the two week gig in 2006 and that one week in 2008.

It was only in Singapore that I experienced a lot of things.

Walang Gana. I always thought people who claimed they couldn't eat were just acting up for attention. When I got braces, it didn't stop me from eating the same, when I got retainers, it did not stop me from eating the same, when I am ill, it never stopped me from eating the same--until 2006. For the first time in my life, I was unable to eat. I was hungry, very hungry, but I just couldn't eat. My body won't let me. I recovered from the flu 8 lbs lighter and just when I thought I could keep my health and new size, I gained it all back. Getting a size smaller is not worth not eating for two weeks against your will.

Meds Trauma. We all know that meds are meant to make us feel better and not to tickle the taste buds. We don't take meds because it taste good, we take meds because we have to. The taste had never been a problem for me--until the Singapore issue cough medicine! I don't know if you have tried it, but it is just terrible. The thought of it makes me feel squirmish. Knowing that I have to take it thrice a day makes me think I could scare my self back to health. How about now?

Rashes. The dermatologists did not figure out the cause. They just insist that it was an allergy. To what? No answer. Great. I don't have any allergies, I am never allergic to anything--except this mystery allergen. Only in Singapore. It had been active for around three months. I hope it remains dormant for the rest of my life.

Overactive cells. I noticed a mosquito bite on my thigh. Days later, it started to grow. I thought that it definitely couldn't be a mosquito bite. I self medicated with topical creams. It just grew more. After I had it checked, the doctors said that it was harmless but because it was growing so rapidly, they recommend it to be removed. What was it? A blood vessel cell that found itself on the surface of the skin and decided to multiply. Whoa.

Worn out soles. Okay, so this isn't health related. But I want to put it in anyways. It is only in Singapore that I have thrown out shoes because the soles had worn out. Seriously.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...