Saturday, September 19, 2009

proverbial

A friend told me today that I was a living proof that love is blind.

I was baffled.

So I asked if it was because she didn't think a certain person was attractive. Of course, that was a joke. I however, seriously didn't get what she meant.

So I asked her to elaborate.

She said that it was because I endured the troubles of a relationship past and literally did not recognise the errs of the then present.

At some point I decided that such was the right thing, and all my actions from then on followed through.

I was not blinded by love, rather I was compelled to work towards a goal blindly.

I was never ever one to reason "because I love him" or argue "but, I love him". While I loved with all that I was capable of at that time, I don't think it was (blind) love that allowed things to progress. It was...well, a carrot.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...