Sunday, September 27, 2009

can't hate, can't sleep

I want to nap. I can't. I had been tossing and turning the last half hour. Nothing. And it isn't like I am wide awake. My eyes are heavy, but it just won't go to the next level. Limbo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been looking into the mess that typhoon Undoy had left in the Philippines. There was one particular photo that is stuck in my head. The one from a place where something unpleasant has happened to me. I felt terrible.

As I was staring into the image, I was reminded of the happy times that I had spent there. There was none of the slightest anger or resentment. Beyond the real issues that are the lives, safety and future of the people affected lies very personally to me, letting go of a past life with remembrance of the goodness of that chapter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...