Sunday, September 20, 2009

remedy

I had been suffering for a while now, my very sore throat just won't recover.

My colleagues advised me of a Hongkie remedy. Warm Coke (as in coca cola) with lime.

It is weird right? I was sure I was not gonna try it out, so I started joking about using Coke Light as that was what we have at home. They said they were not sure. We had a good laugh then moved on to the next topic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I lost my voice. Seriously. I couldn't sing Katy Perry stuff!

I had finished my second bottle of Pei Pa Koa and lost count of the lozenges I had taken. I was desperate.

I thought that there really wasn't anything to lose. I didn't even bother to google it. I headed to the kitchen.

I opened our ref and found not Coke, not Coke Light but Coke Zero. There was also an absence of lime or calamansi, we however had lemon.

I poured the entire can into a glass, squeezed the lemon--and off to the microwave it went.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It didn't taste weird at all. It felt funny in my mouth and throat though. It was warm, bubbly and tangy. It was--interesting. It also relieved my throat. Of course it might be psychological--or, divine intervention as I was praying for a break through.

Maybe I should do a bit of research.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...