Sunday, April 15, 2007

Show Stopper

After a long rainy day spent singing "I Need to Know", hunting for bargain books, tracking down watch service centers that are open on weekends, watching The Reaping while munching on popcorn, helping out a guy friend shop for tops and jeans, teasing Kristine, eating quesadillas and drinking mojitos, I come home under the attack of hyper-acidity, the lime being the culprit.
I look at the pantry to realize, there is no bread. No carbs in sight! Not even crackers!
Vegetables, check.
Raw meat--chicken and beef, check.
Nine eggs, back bacon and salami, check.
Laughing Cow cheese, check.
Chocolate cake, check.
Everything. Everything but what would help neutralize my complaining tummy.
I grabbed a big bag of potato chips (what seems to be the only carb in the house apart from the pack of uncooked rice and corn soup mix) and a bottle of water then headed to my room to watch Alfie. Again. Probably for the fifth time.
I was hopeful that being engrossed in something would take my mind off the searing pain in my intenstines.
After watching the movie, I started to write thinking that it would be about Show Stoppers, Alfie does that to you. But I realized, I am too sleepy to go on. It is, after all, a very interesting topic and so, I am putting my foot down, I am not going to write about it when in my current state: seriously sleepy and in pain (stupid lime!).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...