Saturday, April 14, 2007

Can't Eat, Can't Sleep

As I could sleep all day and eat like a sumo wrestler, when I say--write Can't Eat, Can't Sleep, it is not about my present state.
This is about the invisible man.
Mr. Invisible has loved and lost, loved and lost, and loved and lost. Some may say that he has striked out. Others may think, this qualifies him to join the major league. I just think he is wiser now.
He is a real person, and though visible, he argues that sometimes, on vary rare occasions, people fail to see him. I think it is a conscious decision, he doesn't want to be seen.
This person is contemplating on going on a different direction, a new approach, the other way. I think he is selling himself short.
Though with him, it seems that lately, I am always playing devil's advocate; I totally agreed with what he said yesterday, I'D LIKE THAT CAN'T-EAT-CAN'T-SLEEP-FEELING, EVEN FOR A WHILE, EVEN IF IT ONLY LASTS THE BEGINNING OF THE RELATIONSHIP, for even as mature, rational individuals, there is always that puerile (such a big word!), anxious, indulgent imp in us who is restless for even the briefest moment of being dead-drunk with mad love.

What do I tell him on the day he tells me "I can't eat, I can't sleep"? I'd say "Good for you man, good for you".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...