Friday, April 27, 2007

It's My Fault!

Today was a very tiring day! I woke up late, as usual, had late lunch, as usual and headed to Orchard Road to meet up with Odell. I dragged him to a certain shop, and he ended up buying shoes. We then headed to Paragon, where he shopped for tops--button downs, afterwhich we went to Wisma because he wanted to look for more tops--t-shirts this time, but no such luck.
Our next stop was to have early dinner with Obet and Cindy at this particular hawker. I had been craving for Mango Chicken for the longest time. It turns out that the establishment has moved, so I called some friends to inquire but nobody knew where exactly the new location is. We settled somewhere else. The only consolation was that we had cereal prawn.
The following item in the agenda is to watch Smokin' Aces. So we all headed to Cathay Cineplex to catch the 9:50 show. When we got there, we found out that it was no longer being shown! Bummer. I was in the mood for some violence and dirty language. Haha.
We ended up going to Clarke Quay for some Dad Drinks. I got to really talk with Cindy again. I missed her. There was a time when I saw her everyday. It is funny how a lot of things have changed but still it seems as though everything is the same. Some oxymoron there.
Anyways, it started to rain real hard, and I had the sinking feeling that we would get stranded. As in Cast Away. We had not one umbrella on us. I had with me a cap, though I seriously doubt how much it would help.
Of course we eventually got cabs. And got home safely.
I had a fun day. It was totally unexpected, all the plans didn't quite push through. I am reminded of a line I read or heard somewhere, (I think it is from John Lennon, I'm not sure if it is a song though) Life is what happens to you when you are busy making plans.
Obet, Cindy and Odell, I admit it, I was my fault that Odell bought new shoes, it was my fault that we didn't get to eat Mango Chicken, and it was my fault we didn't get to watch the movie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...