Sunday, April 29, 2007

Jailed Jeffrey

I read Jeffrey Archer's Prison Diaries, the first diary at least. I didn't quite enjoy it as his other books. I refused to read any more from the series.
Thanks to Carl, I am now reading his latest work--Cat O'Nine Tales. After I read the foreword, I was surprised to learn that he was actually incarcerated (after some research I found that it was for perjury and libel), the Prison Diaries were not fictitious. I was curious and wanted to know more about how the crime came about but I stopped myself from looking up details of his case as I want to associate him only with happy reading and interesting twists.
(Lord) Jeffrey Archer is most definitely the greatest short story writer! Cat O'Nine Tales is, as expected, very enjoyable. It is composed on nine short stories about crime shared behind bars (loosely) based on fact.
I have two wishes for My Lord. First is that I hope he writes ten more books before retiring (he is into his sixties) and second is that he lives the rest of his days as a model citizen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...