Sunday, May 23, 2010

summer print

While I am in awe of handmade cloth--and design (e.g. embroidery, dye, etc.), I love that technological advancement now allows patterns in cloth that were not plausible in the past. We can now have picture like quality print on cloth :)

I went to my favorite craft store yesterday and found this. And after my sewing skills' months of hibernation, I was suddenly inspired to sew.People who know me would most likely say that I wouldn't go for such bold print--as I sometimes get literally dizzy with specific prints. However, there are tons of reasons why I would go for this. First off, it is of white background, the print is of cut out picture-like flora and fauna with some watermark effects. Colours are also concentrated on specific areas, hence a lot of white. It is also perfect for the season :)

Well, seasons are not really a big factor where I live as it remains summer weather the whole year round with some now unpredictable unwelcome rain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was too excited to sew. I had long debates with myself--in my head about what type of skirt I should make. In the end I opted for something I would wear on weekends.

When I got home, I could not stop myself from feeling the fabric.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was past 1AM when I finished fixing up and was ready to sleep.

Only, I couldn't. I ended up not only cutting the cloth but also completing the skirt sewing exercise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon waking up, the first thing I did was try it on again, for the nth time. I have a feeling that I would be wearing it today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

pictures coming soon? love to see it!

tracy gomez said...

sure :) if i wear it later, i'll post a photo :)

Unknown said...

ang ganda!!! :) after i trim down a little *which i hope would come soon*, please make me one too. i would love to wear one of your creations. i would even buy the materials if need be. i'm that much of a fan, right now as in! haha :D

Camille said...

Love it Trace! Make me one too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...