Friday, May 28, 2010

making mine

For a few months now, I had been looking for a cotton stretch maxi skirt. It is odd that there aren't much around--in fact I have not seen them in the proper stores. I would chance upon t-dress versions--which there are a lot of, that would be my consolation prize or work around but each one fit poorly. Think bulges in wrong places.

Maybe it is my body, but clothes should fit the woman, not the other way around. At least that was what my ergonomic teacher would probably say. Clothes, machines, work stations--airport luggage carts especially ;)

Out of this frustration bore the inspiration to make my own. It is these situations that got me sewing in the first place.I put some details just so that it looks more interesting.I also put in a thick elastic band (care or Rochness) to make sure it doesn't slide off.I'm quite happy with the end result.

Guess that I am wearing today.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nasa nagdadala rin yan ;) you compliment ur clothes *naks* :D

tracy gomez said...

Thanks Aslee. That is a nice thing to say.

I'd like to think that, but I'd say that the best thing about making your own clothes is that you are able to make it so that if it is the "very" right size for your body.

(And having people tell you that you did good. LOL.)

Steven said...

You should sell your stuff online. It's clear you have some talent.

rhea said...

haha you should sell the ergonomic airport luggage cart too :-P may patent ba yun nyahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...