Tuesday, May 11, 2010

count me in

As my sister and my Mom make sure A, my niece does not forget about us (her family who lives far, far away), she would constantly ask A about us.

Sister: A, do you know my sister?
A: Yes Mama, Ninang T.
Mom: You remember who Ninang T is?
A: Yes Nana, she is the one with a lot of shoes.
Mom: How many pairs of shoes does she have?
A: (Thinks) One, two, three...(continuously counts to) sixty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I wonder what was the sudden inspiration was for A to count to more than I have heard her count before because clearly, I don't have sixty pairs of shoes.)

3 comments:

Steven said...

Just think your love for buying shoes is a great learning tool for young children when it comes to math. Now you have to keep buying shoes so children can extend their counting limits.

Nubian said...

Last count I had 76 pairs of shoes ~ now I can justify them to my husband letting him know that it helps young children to learn how to count. ;)

tracy gomez said...

Why didn't they teach me to count through shoes when I was a child? I may have grown to be a mathematician :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...