Sunday, January 31, 2010

what do you like?

Someone told me, the reason why I am drawn to big guys (not that I admit being drawn to them, yet he would constantly accuse me) is that I am reminded of my brother. Not because he is big, but because when I was a kid, I looked up to him--and at that time he was much bigger than me as I was a child.

******

Eighties kids like me would probably take the word/name/term aga as a synonym of pogi or good looking.

*******

Body type or... make. That is the other thing. I find that most of my peers do not put muscle tone as high up on the list of physical attributes as say, today's teens. Maybe because during our formative years the matinee idols hardly exhibited cuts. Maybe except Richard Gomez.

********

This is not relevant at all, but I suddenly had a mental image of Miguel Rodriguez, and thought that he looked like Dexter. Maybe it's the hair. Or the shape of the face.

********

I think it would make sense that an individual's perception of beauty could be solely dependent on childhood images/thoughts/role models.

If this is true, then there is a chance that my friend is right.

I still am not sold to the whole idea. I think it should be more than that.

In which case, I would say that he can't prove anything.

1 comment:

Kate said...

hmm, that's an interesting idea! it could be true...definitely my mom has a differnent eye than my thirty year old cousin, who has a different idea then me...our taste might have been partly formed by culture..what kind of guys were top movie stars, musicians, etc

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...