Friday, January 15, 2010

hesitation

I wanted to blog about the Green Day concert, but there is just too much to write.

So, I'd skip those details and write about something--one thing that Billie said.

He asked the crowd to put away the cameras and use their minds to remember.

It may not be the exact words. But the thought is well along that line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like that. It resonates.

There are times when I'd think of taking a photo or video--make any...documentation of the event that is unfolding so that I would have something to remind me or allow me to relive it. However, I hesitate.

More often then not, I don't shoot it. Only because I know that in doing so, I'd lose a part of the experience.

In every personal, happy, real fleeting moment, I'd like to be there a hundred percent. And maybe this makes poor memorabilia but really, it is worth it?

1 comment:

Camille said...

I like this entry...another thing I struggle with is if I do try to document something, I know it's not going to do justice to the actual moment so why bother? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...